We love a win-win. Like when your man gets to watch a football game on HD TV while you also get to eat your favorite gluten and dairy-free pizza, which you haven’t had in what seems like forever (and is more like two months) at your favorite pizza place.
Or even better when consumers get to save money at their favorite store while the environment also wins with additional trees being planted—which in turn serves consumers who get to breathe cleaner air.
Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Unilever and the Arbor Day Foundation have joined forces to create a trifecta of wins just like the one above (no, not the pizza-football win).
From Sept. 26-Oct. 10, customers who purchase any three participating Unilever food brands receive 33 percent off the purchase price. Fresh & Easy and Unilever will then donate a tree via the Arbor Day Foundation to the local community. They’re calling it “Buy any Three, Give a Tree.”
Wow. There are so many winners in this scenario, I can barely keep track.
At the end of the promotion, the three partners will host a tree-planting event for all the trees donated during the Buy any Three, Give a Tree promotion.
This is yet another example of retail fabulousness at work:
- Customers win by saving money.
- Unilever wins by drawing attention to and having more customers experience their products.
- Fresh & Easy wins because its drives more traffic to their stores and increases purchasing.
- The Arbor Foundation wins because their mission is being supported.
- The Earth wins because it needs more trees.
- The community wins with more trees providing reduced air pollution, absorbing carbon dioxide and managing storm water run-off.
What are your thoughts about the importance win-win promotions? Is there a way that more retailers can provide these types of opportunities? Leave your comments below.
*Photo courtesy of: Crusier, via Wikimedia Commons.